Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Announcing My Blogaversary Contest

It's my first blogaversary!

Actually, I'm jumping the gun a bit. According to my records, I made my first blog post on March 20 of last year. I planned to celebrate on the 20th and announce a contest in celebration. But I just haven't been able to think of anything to blog about this week. I figure, when in doubt, give something away.

Those amazon.com gift cards are always a favorite, so I'm doing that again. On April 2, I'll announce the winner of a $25 amazon gift certificate. All my subscribers will have one entry. If you'd like another entry, leave a comment on THIS POST no later than March 31.

The contest is one way of saying thank you for hanging out with the Queen this year. I can't believe all of you folks that I wouldn't have known if I hadn't started this blog. (What a convoluted sentence that was. I wish I could say my writing skills have improved.) I've even met a couple of you in person--like Sally at the ACFW conference. And Kathleen and I discovered our common love of crafts and have met to shop for fabric and sew. (Some writers get together to write and critique. Not us. We can critique online.)

As you've probably noticed from my blog posts, I have a tough time with discipline and time management. So I'm pretty darn proud of myself for sticking with this for a year. I've also posted three times almost every week, which was my original intention.

Again, thanks so much for playing along! I couldn't have done it without you. (And thanks to my friend Felicia for that wonderful word, blogaversary. I don't know whether she made it up or got it somewhere else, but I love it!)

14 comments:

  1. Let me be the first to wish you a Happy Blogaversary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh! Yea! Another opportunity to get books! Maybe I'll have better luck with this drawing than either of us did at the expo. LOL Congrats on a full year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, Robin!

    I haven't been feeling too good about my blog lately! I know I should blog consistently, but ...

    You're doing great, Robin. I've enjoyed keeping up with your posts. They're fun to read. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy blogaversary to us:) I loved keeping up with the blog this year. It is Great encouragement and entertainment:)!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Blogaversary Robin! I can't tell you how much I enjoy your blog. Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy blogaversary, Robin.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good job persevering with your blog, Robin! I always enjoy reading what you have to share, even though I don't always leave a comment. I'm impressed that you've actually posted as often as you've wanted to. I'd be happy to get to where I'm posting even just once a week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the "blogaversary" word.

    BTW, I heard a new one the other day: COLLABETITION (collaboration+competition).

    Congrats. So, where's the cake and ice cream?????

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Robin, happy blogaversary! I love that term, too. Keep up the good work of posting 3 times a week. I do good to blog 3 times a month! Hope we get to meet in person sometime. Are you going to the ACFW conf. this year? love, rose

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Robin
    Happy blogaversary!

    Congratulations on writing and maintaining such an interesting and informative blog.

    Please enter me in the drawing! Thank you.


    Hugs and God bless

    Ruth Dell
    tonydell@mweb.co.za

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gosh, has it been a year already? Fabulous :) I'm sure I borrowed the word blogaversary from someone!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooohh - congratulations! I can't believe I haven't discovered your blog before now.

    As Ahhhnold is famous for saying, "I'll be bach!"

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations on a year! This is my first visit here, and it's a great blog!

    Please enter me in the contest.
    missytippens [at] aol [dot] com

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations on your Blogaversary fellow ACFWer! I am currently creating my Blog site, as well and look forward to the day when I can celebrate my Blogaversary. May you have many more joyous years sharing your expertise!

    ReplyDelete