Thursday, June 12, 2008

Stalked By Pirates

If you've been reading this blog long, you know I'm fond of pirates. (Not real ones. Pretend ones. Particularly the ones with the really cool outfits.) You also know I seem to run across them wherever I go. But now I've started getting anonymous pirate paraphernalia in the mail!

A few days ago I received a mysterious package with a return address of the Kellogg Company. Little knowing what was in store, I tore it open, and this is what I found:


Someone with a weaker constitution might have fainted dead away. But I took it pretty well.

It's a Pirates of the Caribbean alarm clock. I figure it was one of those prizes you can get by saving up your cereal box tops and sending away for it. The question is, who used their box tops on me?

I have my ideas. First I accused my husband, but I've cleared him.

I think I know who the culprit is. I think she's even a regular reader of this blog.

Any confessions?

5 comments:

  1. HA! How funny! Tweren't me, but it is funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would LOVE to take credit for this one, but can't! That is so cute! Someone out there obviously knows you very well!

    Your Big Sis...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, you were partly right. It was from little cardboard tokens off a snack bar (peanut bar with chocolate on the bottom mmm!) box. It was just too tempting. 'Glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Robin! What a fun story--wish I had thought of it! LOL rose who is just now catching up on back posts after a trip to FL

    ReplyDelete