Thursday, February 5, 2009

A Very, Very Good Excuse

My excuse for not blogging so far this week? I FINALLY finished my manuscript! Yes!!

Or at least, I'm finished as far as I'm concerned. I just hit the "send" button and shot it off to Janet, my agent. Now I'll just have to wait and see if she thinks I'm finished. If you would like to say a little prayer for me on that score, please feel free. I want her to have wisdom and guide me in the right direction, but I'd also like to be finished up with this project. At least unless someone gives me a contract and then wants changes. I'll be quite happy to work on it some more then.

But if not...well, I'm ready to move on. Those of you who have put up with my whining and dragging my feet know that this manuscript has been a struggle for me. On a happy note, I have some new ideas I'm excited about, so no matter what happens, I'm looking forward to writing this year.

Anyway, I just wanted you all to celebrate this milestone with me. I'll try to write something more substantial soon. But not tonight. It's fairly late already, and I have to get up at 5 a.m. to drive to an out-of-town work meeting. That may be fairly normal for a lot of you, but I don't do 5 a.m. I'm also dreading the drive because I not only have to drive to Atlanta, but all the way through it and about an hour beyond. All in morning rush hour traffic.

I'm hoping GPS Lady will find me a way around Atlanta. But I've told you how snitty she can be.

Like I said, pray for me!

4 comments:

  1. one good thing about college is you live where you work....no more super early mornings for me.....all i have to do is roll out of bed at 9:30 to e at class by 10 and no one is looking at your sweat pants abd bed head because they are all sporting the same look (unless we have a paper due then its bed head and pajamas because everyone has stayed up all night)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Back when I was in college . . . :) Okay, really. I can't imagine going around in my pjs. I like to dress up, I guess.

    And bed head in the days of big hair? Not good.

    I hope your trip went fine. And yaaaayyy on finishing the manuscript! How exciting. Let us know what you hear.

    On pins and needles . . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, friend!! I know EXACTLY what you mean about not wanting to make any more changes to your ms unless it's an editor telling you to do so! May that be the way it works out for you!!

    And I'm with Sally about wearing pjs to class. I can't imagine! I know when I was in nursing school 15 years ago people would wear sweats to class for finals. I always dressed up more than usual, as it made me feel more confident.

    BTW, are you on FaceBook? I would have a lot easier time replying to the comments you leave on my blogs if I could get a hold of you that way. I don't have Eudora, and that stops me from getting through to you. I want you know that I always appreciate your comments, as not only are they fun to read, but I also know someone is actually reading the blog!! I'd love to see you on FB, and it's really, really simple and easy to use.

    Have a great week, and keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! Congratulations, Robin! You did it!

    ReplyDelete